Card Gallery

Sunday 13 January 2013

J&C Creations January 2013 Challenge



Hello, today there is a new challenge over on J&C Creations Challenge website  for Something Old and Something New.

My card uses one of the NEW Spellbinders D-lites - Fantastic Flourish Two which is the one in the top left corner.

To make this card you will need:

Memento Bamboo Leaves inkpad
Heartfelt Creations Delicate Asters die (HCD 726)
Spellbinders D-Lites Fantastic Flourish Two (S2-009)
FabScraps 12x12 paper Heritage Pink Floral (C38 007A)
6x6 blank white card
Grey, pink and green card
Light blue paper (I use cryogen paper)
Red mixed glitter
Tiny pink beads
Ribbon, small flower and green gems
Edge punch of choice (I used an EK Success Arch Scallop Edge punch)
Double-sided tape

J&C Creations website is showing their sale items at the moment but I think  you should be able to get most, if not all of the above from them.


Method:

Die cut 6 flowers from paper with each of the 4 flower dies.  Die cut 2 leaves. 
Curl all the petals of the flowers inwards and then assemble inside each other starting with the largest and ending with the smallest.
Colour the leaves using the Bamboo Leaves dye ink.
Die cut 3 pink flowers using the smallest die and assemble together, glue inside the flower and add some of the pink sprig embellishment to the middle.
Using green card, die cut a flourish using the D-Lites die.
I have used a strip of double-sided tape to adhere the glitter.
Assemble the card as in the photo.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Pauline

    I hope you are well and apologise for my absence. I am on one big blogland catch up after being without our internet for a whole week!! Eeeekkk!!!

    Talk about withdrawal symptoms LOL!!

    You have been super busy whilst I have been banished .. .. and I particularly love the yellow butterfly card you posted. That is one seriously beautiful butterfly!

    I hope all is good with you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me comments, they are very much appreciated.